Search For Guidance

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Programming

Alright, this is the start of what I'm sure will be my FAVORITE topic. In this topic, I will be covering some of the coolest programs I've seen, in a variety of programming languages.

For my first post, I will discuss Eliza. This is one of the first AI programs to (unofficially) pass the Turing test, developed by (surprise!) Alan Turing. The test is simple: a human and a computer are available to talk, and an unknowing participant talks to one of them. If said participant mistakes the computer for the human, the computer has passed the Turing test. To download the source code for Eliza, visit http://chayden.net/Eliza/eliza.html. It contains EVERYTHING they used, and could lead to even better programs! See if you can't contribute.

No comments: